Call for abstracts
A Call for Abstracts opened on May 4th with the aim to select the 99 technology pitches that will shape our 2023 program. The call will close on September 10th at midnight.
How to apply for a pitch slot?
Pitch applications can be done online via the form at the bottom of this page. Upon application, be prepared to share the following information:
- Which session would you like to apply for? You can consult the program here. The 9 pitch sessions for which you can register are:
- Pitch session 1: Start-ups/SMEs looking for finance (Bioeconomy Ventures brokerage activity) – pre-seed/angel/seed funding
- Pitch session 2: Emerging innovative technologies for the bioeconomy
- Pitch session 3: Microbial protein transition players
- Pitch session 4: Start-ups/SMEs looking for finance (Bioeconomy Ventures brokerage activity) – series A and series B/C funding
- Pitch session 5: Start-ups/SMEs looking for finance – pre-seed/angel/seed funding
- Pitch session 6: Biowaste conversion technology players
- Pitch session 7: Start-ups/SMEs looking for finance – pre-seed/angel/seed funding
- Pitch session 8: Corporate challenges for a sustainable future
- Pitch session 9: New investments & developments in the EU pilot and demonstration scene
- Title of your pitch (will appear on the program)
- Speaker: name + affiliation (will appear on the program)
- Keywords (preferably maximum 5) summarizing the content of your pitch (will appear on the program):
- one feedstock keyword (which feedstock is your technology using?)
- one end-product keyword (which end-product is your technology producing?)
- one keyword related to your technology
- Technology Readiness Level (TRL) of your technology
- Paragraph of max. 1500 characters (including spaces) summarizing your technology (for pitch selection only, will not appear on the program or website)
- In case you are looking for finance: what type of finance are you looking for?
Confirmation of your pitch slot
Provided your pitch meets the criteria, we grant pitches on a first come, first served basis. You will be notified as follows:
- Application for a pitch slot done by August 7th: confirmation of your pitch slot by August 11th.
- Application for a pitch slot done by September 10th: confirmation of your pitch slot by September 13th.
- All pitches will last a maximum 7 minutes, we will NOT deviate from this strict timing!
- The exact time slot and pitch room might be subject to change until the final program will be confirmed on September 11th, 2023.
- When the number of pitches exceeds the number of available pitch slots, a waiting list will be established with the aim to replace confirmed pitches that are cancelled.
- Pitchers can use a PowerPoint presentation in 16:9 format of max. 7 slides (including title slide and acknowledgement slide or slide with contact details). These presentations should be sent at the latest by September 11th, 2023 to Anneleen.De.Vriendt@bbeu.org.
- Pitchers have to pay the registration fee (except for the pitchers accepted to pitch in the BioeconomyVentures session).