Pitching & Call for Pitch Abstracts
Are you a technology owner or a pilot facility planning new investments or new to the Pilots4U Network? Seize the opportunity and apply for a 7 minutes pitch to present your innovative solution in front of an exclusive audience of potential partners and investors. We aim at an attendance of about 30+ investors, the first names will be announced by the end of July 2023. Regularly check our website for updates.
The event will host 9 pitch sessions of 90 minutes each, this means we are looking for at least 99 inspiring pitches. Each session will have its specific focus:
- Four sessions (44 pitches in total) will be dedicated to “Start-ups/SMEs looking for finance”. For two of these sessions the selection of the pitches will be managed by the BioeconomyVentures project. For the companies selected for a pitch in these two sessions, the event registration fee of € 149 will be waived and covered by the BioeconomyVentures project. However, specific terms will apply such as the mandatory registration of your company on the BioeconomyVentures Platform. When applying for one of these sessions, you will be contacted by an officer from the BioeconomyVentures project who will guide you through this registration procedure and inform you on the selection or non-selection of your abstract.
- One session with focus on biowaste conversion technologies
- One session with focus on microbial protein transition players
- One session with focus on new investments and developments in the EU scale-up and demonstration scene
- One session with focus on a wide range of emerging innovative technologies for the bioeconomy not to exclude any interesting developments.
- One session with focus on corporate challenges for a sustainable future
When applying for a pitch you will be asked which session you are applying for. Take a look at the program to find out when the above-mentioned pitch sessions are scheduled.
Selected companies in the Start-ups/SMEs looking for finance sessions will receive online coaching in the course of September 2023. More info on this will follow in due time.
Call for Abstracts
On May 4th, 2023 a Call for Abstracts opened with the aim to select the 99 technology pitches that will shape our 2023 program. The call will close on September 10th at midnight.
How to apply for a pitch slot?
Pitch applications can be done online via this link (submission form at the bottom of the page). Upon application, be prepared to share the following information:
- Title of your pitch (will appear on the program)
- Speaker: name + affiliation (will appear on the program)
- Keywords (preferably max. 5 in total) summarizing the content of your pitch (will appear on the program):
- one feedstock keyword (which feedstock is your technology using?)
- one end-product keyword (which end-product is your technology producing?)
- one keyword related to your technology
- Technology Readiness Level (TRL) of your technology
- Paragraph of max. 1500 characters (including spaces) summarizing your technology (for pitch selection only, will not appear on the program or website)
- In case you are looking for finance: what type of finance are you looking for?
- Pre-seed/angel/seed funding
- Series A funding
- Series B/C funding
- Which session would you like to apply for?
Confirmation of your pitch slot
Provided your pitch meets the criteria, we grant pitches on a first come, first served basis. You will be notified as follows:
- Application for a pitch slot done by August 7th: confirmation of your pitch slot by August 11th.
- Application for a pitch slot done by September 10th: confirmation of your pitch slot by September 13th.
- All pitches will last a maximum 7 minutes, we will NOT deviate from this strict timing!
- The exact time slot and pitch room might be subject to change until the final program will be confirmed on September 11th, 2023.
- When the number of pitches exceeds the number of available pitch slots, a waiting list will be established with the aim to replace confirmed pitches that are cancelled.
- Pitchers can use a PowerPoint presentation in 16:9 format of max. 7 slides (including title slide and acknowledgement slide or slide with contact details). These presentations should be sent at the latest by September 11th, 2023 to Anneleen.De.Vriendt@bbeu.org.
- Pitchers have to pay the registration fee (except for the pitchers accepted to pitch in the BioeconomyVentures session).
Confirmed Pitch slots
Pitch slots have been awarded to Cashew Shell BioRefinery CSBR BV (DE), N-FIX (BE), Esencia Foods (DE), RECOV Labs (DE), Thalasso AS (NO), PolyPea (BE), Biowerkz (DE), LIGNEASY OY (FI), Sophie’s BioNutrients (SG), Nature’s Principles (NL), STEM® (FR), Alt Biotech (FR), B4Plastic (BE), Avantium Renewable Polymers (NL), Cener (ES), Bloom Biorenewables (CH), Bodec (NL), Fibenol OÜ (EST), Minagro (BE), b.fab GmbH (DE), Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant (BE), Zymvol Biomodeling SL (ES), Enduro Genetics (DK), ALGAESYS SA (PT), Dyadic International (NL), myBIOS GmbH (DE), Kynda Biotech GmbH (DE), Acies Bio d.o.o. (SI), Arbiom (FR), Those Vegan Cowboys (BE), Puxano BV (BE), Farmless BV (NL), Vivici (NL), Ailurus Bio (UK), AmphiStar (BE), Qubicon (AT), Montinutra Ltd (FI), BioMosae (NL), BIOPROBIF (TR), Pectcof BV (NL), Nuspec Oil Ltd (SE), CellDEG GmbH (DE), Tectero (BBE), Gene&Green (FR), Fishway BV (BE), Lantana Bio (FR), BioHalo (DK), Nova Biochem Ltd (UK), Bolder Foods (BE), NeoCarbons (CH), TerraWaste (NL), B’ZEOS (NO), Mycosortia Pte Ltd (SG), Prevcarb (FR), Spirulines Productions (FR), FeedstocksUnited (NL), Ghent University (BE), Engie Laborelec (BE), AIMPLAS (ES), DBFZ – Deutsches Biomasseforschungszentrum (DE), Politecnico di Milano (IT), Cool Separations BV (NL), VITO (BE), Technological University of Shannons: Midland Midwest (IE), Hysytech Srl (IT), BioRenGaz (FR), ICP – Pulp and paper institute Ljubljana (SI), University of Naples Federico II (IT), Bionanopolys, BioGNR (LT), Ecorbio (CY), Human Material Loop (NL), GECCO biotech BV (NL), Algoliner GmbH & Co. KG (DE), Natural Resources Institute Finland (Luke) (FI), Synovance (FR), Solmeyea (GR), inocule (SE), Vienna Textile Lab (AT), Ecovon (GH), Fooditive Group (NL), TORWASH (NL), Releaf Paper (FR), MOA (ES), KU Leuven – Biocon (BE), Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant (BE), Danish Technological Institute (DTI) (DK), Research Insitutes of Sweden (RISE) (SE), ILVO – Food Pilot (BE), VTT (FI), STAM (IT), Borregaard AS (NO), ARD (FR), Technical University of Denmark, Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering (DK), CPI (UK), PIVERT (FR)
Partake in a unique and exclusive matchmaking event, supported by B2B partnering software and connecting start-ups, scale-ups, SMEs, large enterprises, research organisations, investors, and many other stakeholders who are part of the innovation chain and together shape the biobased economy. All participants will have full control of their own communications and 1-on-1 meetings via a secure login account. The software enables event attendees to pre-arrange business partnering meetings of 20 minutes each arranged around 25 matchmaking tables.
The matchmaking tool will be activated by September 1st. All registered participants will then receive a login and a password so they can start scheduling their meetings.
Registered after September 1st? You will receive your access code to the matchmaking tool on the Wednesday following your registration.
Any questions on the matchmaking can be addressed to Anneleen.De.Vriendt@bbeu.org.
This joint event aims to attract top notch European innovators, start-ups and spin-offs from the biobased sector to present their solution/product/service concepts aiming to participate in the BioeconomyVentures programme and benefit from its services and connection with corporates and investors. At the same time the event will give the opportunity to corporates to propose challenges that can be solved via a bioeconomy approach, filtering needs according to specific priority areas (problem-solution-expected benefits).
We reserve (max.) 20 booths for large companies, funding agencies, clusters, service providers, SME helpdesks & other innovation related organisations to present their activities. A booth is available at a rate of € 595 (excl. VAT). This rate includes one free registration as well as a table, two chairs and electricity upon request. Please contact Anneleen.De.Vriendt@bbeu.org for more information or to book your booth.
We thank our exhibitors: